Weeks before the International Meeting Against Fascism and Racism in Athens, this happens:
On the night of September 17th, the 34-year old antifascist rapper Pavlos Fyssas (aka Killah P) was murdered by a 45-year old, who openly admitted to the police to being a member of the Golden Dawn.
Fyssas had been with two friends in the area of Keratsini, in Pireaus. He was attacked by approximately 25 members of the Golden Dawn, one of which stabbed him. Fyssas was taken to the hospital in Nikaia, where he died soon thereafter.
Originally, the Golden Dawn had refused any link to the 45-year old. However, in a police raid in his house, his Golden Dawn Party member ID was retrieved from the garbage, as allegedly he had tried to discard it. Up until now, twelve hours after the arrest, the police have yet to release the name or other information about the self-confessed murderer.
Occupied London has been providing updates about this developing situation. Here is a sample of their updates:
- Interview by ex-Golden Dawn member allows insight into the group’s structure and explains what could have happened with Pavlos’ murder
- Police ban Golden Dawn food distribution scheduled for Nikea in the morning of Saturday; anti-fascist gatherings to go ahead
- Fascist policeman pulls a gun and shoots in the air during an anti-fascist demo in Dafni, Athens
- Patras: anarchists clash with Golden Dawn members, two GD injured
- Golden Dawn postpones launching its new offices in Kavala and Drama following wave of reaction to the assassination of Pavlos Fyssas